Technical sheet :
- Milk cooking: whole milk / thermized milk
- Milk: pasture cow’s milk fed with hay, cereals and without silage
- Region: Ropraz / Jorat Mézières VD
- Milk sources: Ropraz / Vucherens / Vulliens
- Cheese dimension: 35 cm in diameter and 7 cm in height
- Weight: from 7,800 to 8,200 kg
- Project initiator: Mr. Pascal Gauthier – Pascal Passion Sàrl
- Cheese maker: Mr. Christophe Streit – Fromagerie d’Ussières
- Dairy Number: Ch 4398
- Organic hops: Mr. Gérard Pillionel from Gandcour
- Refining: 4 to 5 months with amber beer from the Brasserie du Jorat VD
It is possible to have our amber beer brine from the Brasserie du Jorat to prolong the ripening.
For more advice to your customer:
Houblonnier can be sold by the slice on a cheese platter, for raclettes, fondue, cheese compositions.
Gradually, Houblonnier favors all the taste buds of the palate and its appetizing side invites you to come back to share a longer life moment with friends.
It can be consumed with Swiss brut cider, a white beer, young brut Champagne, Charmont, a 3-year-old Chasselas or a 3-year-old non-barrel Pinot noir.